CCR Election Season Interviews - FM: Lucas Conway

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Wally
MC name: WalrusHerobrine

CCR Election Season Interviews - FM: Lucas Conway

Your Radio flips on again. You know what's happening by now, it's the handsome and enigmatic radio host ready to lull your ears into an informative state through his words. You also recall the elections happening and how the host, January Van Pelt is interviewing all the cantidates. Who could he have on today? Let's find out.

"Hello Toro, January Van Pelt back with another broadcast of Carmine Community Radio. I'm sure you all know what's happening by now: It's Election Season here in Toro. All this week I'm having the four lovely cantidates on for interviews. Today I have the incoming Foreign Minister, Lucas Conway, in for some questions. Now, you in Carmine may know Lucas as our solid Ground-Type Gym Leader. Go ahead and say hello, Lucas."

Lucas smiles to January, and begins to speak. "Ah, hello! Hello, everyone listening!" he'd chuckle, he's an awkward 50 year old. "I must say, it's an honor to be on the radio with a celebrity in the region, I must thank you again for inviting me onto your show." he'd grin to January.

January scoffs. "Well, I'm flattered you fancy me a celebrity, but I'm unfortunately not too sure too many people tune in here at Carmine Community Radio. But, this isn't about me, or the show, this is about you! My enigmatic and charming personality is only here to supplement the guest's boring political drabble."

"Ah, i'm sure lots of people will be tuning in to listen to these interviews with the canidates." he'd chuckle, giving a friendly smile. "So! What would you wish to speak about first?"

"Well, first thing's first, why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Well, as stated before, i'm Lucas Conway, the Gym Leader of Carmine's Ground Gym. I also work as the Lead Engineer for PixCo., having been in the spot for... I don't even know how many years, since Mrs. Knighton retired from the spot." he'd nod. "I'm the father of two wonderful girls, one who is Viridis's Grass Gym Leader and is working to be a Botanist, and the other who is an RTMP Officer and is working towards becoming the Arbiter of Justice one day. They're both the light of my life." he'd chuckle, smiling at the thought of his two children. "Oh, and then theres my Zoroark brother Shadow, who I live with at my home."

"Zoroark are such scamps aren't they. Dark-Types, and all... So, Mister Conway, you’ve ran for foreign minister before, what draws you to this position? Why do you believe you will be a good fit for the Toro Region?"

"One of the worst mistakes of my life was teaching him how to speak Unovan." he'd joke with a grin. "But hm... i've always wanted to help people, it's been in my nature. And seeing how the other Foriegn Ministers were able to use their abilities to help not only the people of Toro, but people of other regions, it spoke to me. I want Toro to continue being the friendly, helpful nation it's always been and to be able to help those who need it the most."

"Great answer! So, last time you ran, last election season, you were unfortunately beaten by our current Foreign Minister. Now, however, you're running unapposed. Does this fact seem daunting to you, or are you relieved?"

"Well, January, I feel a little of both worlds, to be honest. Being Foriegn Minister would be an amazing opportunity for me to help people. But what i'd want more than that is for someone with even better ideas and more experience to run for the position and recieve it. Because the truth of it is, while I do wish to use my abilities as the Foriegn Minister to give aid to people, if someone had better ideas and more experience on how to do so... say in the case if Tide Bryant ran again, then i'd actually rather them have the position." he'd nod, taking a breath. "Though I am glad that I will be granted with the opportunity to take the position, and hope to use my abilities to the fullest to give aid and relief to people."

"That's so great, Lucas. I'm glad you're excited for your position. So, What experience do you believe will aid you in your upcoming term? You seem to have a lot, with your family and gym."

"Well, even before I adopted my first daughter, Juliet, i've actually been studying world affairs. The processes, past UR meetings, current affairs, all of that. I also make sure to keep up to date on what is currently going on in the world, to make sure i'm fully aware of what i'm going into. So while I may not have the experience of the government position, I do have the knowledge of how the affairs work."

"I'm glad to know we have such a qualified cantidate on our hands! What do you plan to do during your term?"

"Well, I want to continue the policies of the previous Foriegn Ministers. Mainly, keep ourselves neutral, but friendly. I have also discussed a concept which I would like to see put into place with whoever is elected the Premier, Mrs. Ross or Ms. Unterburg. Using government funds, I wish to help poorer regions around the world set up orphanages. Many of the children of these regions have to fend off on the streets, and I cannot bear to see it. I hope to help give these children of these regions a better life, rather than fighting for scraps. Moreso, I wish to also work with the Premier to improve existing orphanges in other regions. Growing up in a less than quality one, it really changed who I was as a person. I don't wish any child to have to suffer the same fate I had to." he'd nod, his face solemn but determined.

"I think orphanages are a wonderful idea! My boyfriend was adopted, and I'd love to see many more children have the same happen to them! Are there any regions you plan on extending a specific diplomatic hand to?"

"Well, currently I have plans to send help to the Green Isles. The country right now is in a state of economic distress, and I wish to give aid to them. I've spoken with both of the Premier canidates, and both are open to the idea of sending economic aid to the Isles, and to hopefully help them build orphanages for the orphaned children on the streets." he'd smile.

"What a great plan! I'm sure many good things will come of that. Are there any specific developments, foreign affairs wise, that you plan to address? Anything that has happened recently abroad, or relating to Toro's interactions with other countries or groups."

"Well, I hope to meet with the other leaders of the regions we're friendly with, and keep our relations strong. I don't believe I need to address the Iron War, crisis, however due to that being resolved years ago by Mrs. Penn. So now my goals will be to keep our friendships strong and to give aid to other regions who need it."

"I'm glad! Now, there have been a few threats to Toro as of recent, namely a few terrorism scares from groups like CODEX and the Rhyhorn Riders. It is within the duty of all three government officials to adress issues like these. What will you do to keep the region and other regions peaceful?"

"Well, with my power as Foriegn Minister, what i'd need to focus on is the borders. Now this doesn't mean i'll shut off immigration, nono. Though I will be working with whoever is the next Premier to work on possible border handling, to help prevent these terrorists from coming in if we get feasible evidence that they are coming from an outside source."

"Right. That's great Mr. Conway. Now, let's get to the nitty gritty. Who are you endorsing for Premier? You must have an opinion on who you should think should fufill the role."

"Well, both are good canidates with good platforms. However, while I think Ms. Unterberg wouldn't do horrible in office, i'd have more faith in Mrs. Ross as our Premier. The main reason being, I feel that Ms. Unterberg is slightly too young, at only 17. And while that's not a bad thing, and the legal age for adulthood in the region is 16, there are kids her age still attending school for their degrees, some still even living with their parents. My daughters stayed with me until 18 until they finished high school and went to university. Mrs. Ross, however, would be more experienced and mature for the office in my opinion due to being around her 40's. Not saying she's old, though, I still sometimes mistake her for a 20 year old!"

"And as a father of two girls who've i've seen go through their teenage and young adult years, i'd personally say that Mrs. Unterberg might not be ready for the stresses and demands the job will give at her current age. Rather, it would be wiser for her to run again when she is older, in my opinion."

"Well, there it is folks! Your foreign minister's official endorsement. Don't make up your mind just yet, listening audience! We're still having Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand on for an interview this week. Who will she endorse? Sweet-as-candy Netlia Ross? Or Hip Youngster Caecilia Unterberg?"

"Now Lucas, let's turn the attention back to you. Is there anything specific you disagree with that our past-term government has done? Any decisions you feel weren't in the best interest of the country and it's political situation?"

"Hm... not that I can think of, no. Last term went pretty smoothly with Mrs. Mielke, Mrs. LeGrand, and Mrs. Penn in office. It was quite a good few years, and I have no complaints."

"Great! This interview has been going swimmingly. One last question from the people of Carmine, will you be continuing your Gym Leading?"

"Mhm, I shall. Though due to the time the Foriegn Minister position will be taking, I shall most likely be retiring from PixCo., or taking a leave from it until I am finished with my term. However, I do wish to say that I am planning to retire from the gym soon, and I actually have a successor in mind... though I won't spoil anything else for now."

"Wow! Thank you very much Mr. Conway, I'm sure all of carmine- no, all of Toro looks forward to the changes you're bringing. Anything else to add?"

"Just another thank you for inviting me to speak on your show, I really am honored to be here!"

"Oh, thank you. Finally, do you have any questions for my last intervewee, Mrs. Marigold LeGrand?"

"No questions, but a thank you for helping make one of my daughters, Juliet, into the wonderful woman she is today. And another thank you to our Premier canidate Netlia for doing the same for my other daughter, Allison!"

"How nice. Well, that's our broadcast today folks! Keep an ear out for the next interview with Marigold LeGrand. That will be... fun for me. Haha. Anyways, see you next time Carmine. Good night Toro!"

And so, for the third time this week, your radio clicks off. The broadcast is over and you're left with your reaction to the interview. Wow what a [your reaction here] broadcast! You're positive you'll check out the next one though! Absolutely positive!

Return to “Regional Government Archives”