CCR Election Season Interviews - Premier: Caecilia Unterberg

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Wally
MC name: WalrusHerobrine

CCR Election Season Interviews - Premier: Caecilia Unterberg

Your radio clicks on for the second time this week. You remember what you heard yesterday. You, as a regular listener and fan of the radio Program, remember that yesterday, the charming radio host had on Netlia Ross, cantidate for Premier. You also remember him saying he's doing a series of interviews. You're easily able to deduce, with a little bit of insight. This will be the second.

The lovely radio host's delicious voice again crackles through your old-timey radio.

"Hello Toro! Welcome back to another broadcast of Carmine Community Radio! As you all remember, it's election season here in Toro. And as the responsible Radio Host I am, I'm covering the hot takes for all you thirsting listeners. As you recall, I had on the first cantidate for Premier, Netlia Ross. Joining me today is her opponent, Caecilia Unterberg. Say hello, Ms. Unterberg."

A very calm and gentle sounding voice starts speaking, people who watched the elections or where there for them would recognize it as Caecilia Unterberg. "Hello Toro, Caecilia Unterberg speaking here, candidate for Premier of this great region!" She giggles lightly before continuing on. "Thank you for having me Mr Van Pelt, it's a pleasure to be on your radio." She bows her head to him, smiling brightly.

"Now, listeners, you didn't see this because radio is an auditoryart form with no visual transmission of any kind, but Caecilia just smiled a very polite smile at me! What a polite young lady!"

Ceci lets out a small giggle before speaking up again. "That's just how I was raised."

"That's good to know! So, as our listeners know: the Premier position is the only contested position in this election season. That's exciting! Like I did last time, I'll begin this interview with this question: 'Are you excited?'"

"Arceus I am, yes. I put so much work into this election and learning about it that I really don't want to lose. But even if I lose I am sure Mrs. Ross will still do a very fine job."

"Great answer there! So, we'll start where any great interview should start: an introduction! Would you go ahead and introduce yourself?"

"With pleasure. My name is Caecilia Unterberg everyone and it is a pleasure talking to you today. I am originally from Schieferwald, but came here to live with my Uncles while my mother was recovering from sickness back at home. Since then I have been living here, for around 10 years."

"Well, it's great to have you in the station, Caecilia. Now, one question I got repeatedly from listeners was about your age. I figure this is something we should start with, just to get it out of the way. The thing that sticks out about you is that you’re a very young woman. I’m sure some people might be skeptical of your youth compared to your ability. Any comments on this?"

"I am young yes, 17 currently. However I wish to ensure everyone that I am in no way taking this easy or as a joke. I am fully dedicated to becoming Premier of Toro. I wish to help Toro and I think I will be able to do so if I get elected."

"So, Now, you’re running for Premier, is there any specific reason you wanted to do this?"

"I wish to help Toro, that's the best way too describe it. I have always wanted to be helpful to Toro and it's people and I think by becoming Premier and enacting my three point plan is a good way to do so."

"Well, you can't just say something about a three point plan and not elaborate. You have a three point plan for your term if you're elected?"

Caecilia chuckles and goes to elaborate on her plan. "As a Premier I want to achieve three things primarily, I’ve dubbed this my three point plan."

"The first point is a comprehensive update to the social programs we currently have in place. They have not been updated with any landmark legislation since the first Premier took office decades ago. They need to be modernized to ensure they can achieve all they must do. Moreover they must be adequately funded so nothing is being waste."

"The second point is focused on manual labor and physically building the state. Toro is a very highly educated region, and this can often lead to our government leaving those who are not behind. As a region we have little to no continues public projects on the regional level, instead allowing the individual cities to handle them at their discretion, which has oft’ caused them to be lackadaisical to say the least. As Premier I will expand the parks department in order to preserve our nature, and ensure that all in Toro have jobs maintaining its beauty, along with many other public projects in order to ensure that tax money is returned to the people, the economy is stimulated, and those who most need work have no trouble finding careers."

"The third point, which is ever so dear to my heart, is the implementation of a better health care system, one which is not made with only the well off in mind, but all of Toro’s citizens. We have many clinics here in Toro but that neglects the fact that the people who are most in need of treatment are also the busiest. I am talking about the poor of course. How should a mother who has to care for five children manage to go to a clinic when she isn’t able to pay for a babysitter and has no relative to watch over the children? How should a man who is forced to work evenings to mornings, and sleep during the day supposed to find the time to go to the clinics, which only stay open during the day. How should these people who require every penny they earn supposed to take a whole day off of work in order to get a medical check up, all the way at the hospital in Aurelia. If you vote for me. I would establish a mobile medical program that would bring a doctor’s cart to the neighborhoods that most need it, three times per season, in order to give inoculations and treat people who actively need it, as well as performing check ups to insure no further care is required."

"These three points are what I think that will help me make Toro become an even better place."

"What a thorough and in-depth answer! So, What qualifications do you believe you have for the role of Premier? You have a thorough plan, but do you think you have the skill to put it into action?"

"I have been studying law, medicine and all aspects of the government since I offered myself up to be Premier. I hired a laywer, thank you Mr. Hartmann, to help me out with all the other intrace parts that comes with the office. Other than that, I am a hard worker and I always aim to do the best I can.”

Do you have any wide-scale leadership or government experience?

"Sadly I do not have any wide-scale leadership or government experiences, no. I was team leader in school quite often but that doesn't really count does it? But I consider myself very open, friendly and not bad at leading people at all. I believe I can do it, that's why I aim to be Premier."

“Well, I’m glad you’re confident! Here’s another question that was submitted: Premier Mielke was a professor and a mayor of one of the largest cities in Toro. That sounds like a fairly hard act to follow. Did you particularly agree or disagree with anything that happened during the Premier’s current term?

"I think the Professor Premier Mielke-" she chuckles a little at the title. "-did a great job. I know her personally and considering she wanted to be Premier while also still being a Professor is an amazing feat and she can be proud of herself. I am proud of her for sure and if I get elected I hope I can carry on her torch and make her proud.”

Why do you think the listening audience should vote for you? Any emotional stories you wish to tell?”

"The audience should vote me because I think I will be able to make Toro much healthier and bring it closer to the best Country in the world. I am certainly not going to be the one that finishes building it, but I want to put at least a few bricks into the wall that is this great country. I love Toro and I wish only the best for it."

Why do you believe people should vote for you instead of your opponent? Be civil please.” And here, there is a break. January is definitely doing something inaudible. You figure he’s winking. He’s definitely winking.

Caecilia stays quiet on that one for a while as she thinks before speaking up. "I think I can bring a younger view into the government and I did learn more about law and politics, than Mrs. Ross, from what I gathered at the debate at least."

“A young view is always a good thing to have. Especially from a public figure, like a government official, or a radio host such as myself. On a lighter note, do you plan on doing anything for the cities? Any projects you’d like to see get done before the end of your term? Perhaps a better Radio network across Toro?”

"As I said at the debates, because of the recent rise in crime thanks to the Rhyhorn Riders and CODEX, I believe that the cities need a form of volunteer force to help counteract them. They would patrol the cities and call the RTMP if there is any sighting of CODEX or the Rhyhorn Riders. I would give them as much funding as needed to get this program started. Because the health and safety of Toro's residence comes first."

"Other than that I do not have anything planned in specific with the cities. But if the mayors need help with anything in their cities I would of course help them as best as I can.”

“Ah, yes, the Rhyhorn Riders and Codex. Two terrifying threats to our great nation. There have been a few threats- such as these- to Toro as of recent. How exactly do you plan on addressing these during your term?

"As I said before I wish to install a volunteer force to take care of that. However, I will also try to recruit more RTMP officers because they are awfully understaffed and that's a problem that should be fixed. Yes, listeners out there. If you feel up to the task please volunteer to help the RTMP in any way you can.”

“Justice is a very hot-button issue this election season! With that, Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand is running again, are you excited to work with her? Or is there anything she’s done in this past term that you may disagree on?

"I am very excited to work with her, yes. I have known her daughter since I came to Toro and her family in extensions. I would consider myself very close to all of them. I read over her past deeds and all as part of my training to be Premier and I can say there's nothing I really disagree with. I know all she does is only for the good of Toro and I am looking forward to work with her."

“Finally, do you have any questions for future Foreign Minister Lucas Conway or Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand that you’d like me to ask on-air for a live listening audience. “

"I have no real questions for them, no. But give them my regards and say thank you for doing their best in making Toro a better place."

“What great answers Ms. Gutenberg! That concludes out interview, but the week is only half over! We still have interviews with future Foreign Minister Lucas Conway and Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand coming up, so look out for those! Also, voting is coming up very soon, so be sure to get out an vote Toro! This was January Van Pelt and Caecilia Unterberg! Goodnight, Toro.”

Return to “Regional Government Archives”