CCR Election Season Interviews - Premier: Netlia Ross

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Wally
MC name: WalrusHerobrine

CCR Election Season Interviews - Premier: Netlia Ross

You radio stirs on. That's right, you, the listener! Your old timey radio whirs to life as your favorite programme Carmine Community Radio. Begins. The debonair Radio Host, January Van Pelt, begins lulling your ears into a sense of security in your very own home. Your home!

"Hello dear listeners, this is your very favorite Community Radio Host, January Van Pelt, broadcasting in from the Radio Tower in Carmine. Whether your in our community or not, you're going to want to listen into this very special broadcast. It's election season here in Toro, and as a responsible newscaster, I've tasked myself with doing a series of four interviews with each of our lovely cantidates. Here, we have the first. With me in the recording booth is your cantidate for Premier, Netlia Ross. Say hello Netlia."

Netlia chimes in with a happy and cheerful tone. "Hello Toro! And Hello January. Thanks for having me on your show!"

"It's my pleasure, Netlia! Now, the Premier position is the only contested position in this election season. That's exciting! I'll begin this interview with an unofficial question: 'Are you excited?' Be as thorough as possible! We need those good words to float gently into our audience's ears, filling their minds with information! Perhaps this very interview may change their voting stance!"

"Excited is a word. Nervous too. I've grown up in Toro, but I've never been bold enough to try to run for Premier. I know I have votes of confidence from people like Kiori Mielke, but I know there's probably a lot of people who would rather vote for my opponent." She pauses for a second. "But yeah, I am really excited to have the chance to run and represent the region that I've lived in most of my life."

"Great answer Netlia. So, this is a personal question I wrote myself. 'I’m not too familiar with your current work, would you mind introducing yourself?' What do you currently do here in Toro?"

"Well, I'm the owner of the sweets store chain Polisweets, which I've ran for about 3 decades or so. Aside from that, I'm a wife, a mother, and a former gym leader."

"Ah, Family, one of the most important things in a person's life! I'm not too much of a sweets fan, myself, but I know I've seen a Polisweets around somewhere... So, now, you’re running for Premier, is there any specific reason you wanted to do this? You mentioned representing your region, but is there any reason you'd like to fufill the duties of Premier specifically?"

"Actually yes. As I said, I grew up in Toro. I grew up watching great people protect me, and make sure this region runs smoothly and safely. I watched Premier Vincent LeGrand make Toro free from the Haunter Bay Corperation in terms of its land. I watched Premier Sam Knighton pass CIDA, and so on... I've lived here so long, and I've realized I've lived my life so fully for myself. I've done just about everything I'd want to do in life for myself. Now I'd like to dedicate myself to working to continue making the region a safe and great place to live and be. As Premier, I figured it'd be the most effective way for me to start doing that."

"What a good answer! So, you mentioned all of these former Premiers and their terms in Toro, but what will you do to differentiate yourself from them? What do you plan to do on a large scale for the Toro region?"

"On a large scale? I want to help preserve peace, and make Toro beautiful, along with being open to suggestions others think are necessary for the region. If you look around Toro, you'll notice stumps of old trees, old buildings long since unused, and the disaster zone from years back. My goal is to replant trees, make new parks, restore the radiated zone, and remove buildings that are falling apart that no longer serve a purpose."

"How nice! So, the radiated zone is a good segway into an imperative question. Probably one of the most pressing matters for Toro today. I've gotten many requests to ask a question similar to the following: There have been a few threats to Toro as of recent, namely a few terrorism scares from orginizations like CODEX and the Rhyhorn Riders. How do you plan on addressing these during your term?"

"CODEX and the Rhyhorn Ryders are a major threat to Toro's security. My plan to address them is with the RTMP. The sooner we can quell their threat, the better. I plan on working with the RTMP closely to get them what they need to run investigations, find where these threats are operating from, and arrest them for terroristic acts. From there, the judicial system will take over. I have zero tolerance for terrorists, or those who aim to harm this region, and I think many others share that same opinion."

"A wonderful answer! On a lighter note, what are the smaller-scale things you'd like to see happen? Do you plan on doing anything for the cities? Any passion projects you’d like to see get done before the end of your term? Perhaps a better Radio network across Toro?" January adds a half-joking, half-pleaing inflection to that last part.

"When it comes to smaller-scale things, I'd like to have an open-door policy, as past Premiers have had, for any projects or ideas others may have. As Premier, I can't think of anything, I am only one person, so I will rely on you, January, your loyal listeners, and every other citizen of this region for ideas and projects. I want to see this region smile, and that will require communication from those who inhabit it, so if I'm elected, please come by with any ideas you may have, and we can have a discussion over some tea."

"As an unbiased journalist, I'll have to neither accept nor deny that offer, but I appreciate the thought! So, I'll ask another important question now: What qualifications do you have for the role of Premier?"

"In terms of formal qualifications, I have none. However, my skills to run things should speak for themselves. I've ran a successful business for 30 years, raised two kids from their birth, and I've seen as much as this region and its history as the next person. I have love for this region, and I have all the skills one can have without having been directly involved in the government prior."

"Ah, that answers another one of my questions, so... Do you beleive your experience as Gym Leader will aid you in your Premier duties?"

"Perhaps. My experience as a Gym Leader did teach me a lot of things that I turned and taught in my gym. Humility, humblness, being aware of the struggles others go through. I really won't be able to say if any of that will help me, but I like to think it will."

"I'm stoked to hear you think that! Here's a listener's question that was sent in... 'Premier Mielke was a professor and a mayor of one of the largest cities in Toro. That sounds like a fairly hard act to follow. Did you particularly agree or disagree with anything that happened during the Premier’s current term?'"

"I disagree with the choice to let the officials during the term remain in office for two terms without an election, however I understand the reasons behind it. Aside from that, there's not a whole lot I can fault Kiori for. This past few years have been uneventful in terms of the government. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to discussion, so I'm just going to label it as 'thing'."

"Thank you for your 'thing'. I'm glad to know you plan on doing a lot this term! An almost quantifiable amount, at that. So, piggybacking off that, Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand is doing another term, are you excited to work with her? Or is there anything she’s done in this past term that you may disagree on?"

"Marigold is a nice woman. There's nothing that I personally have heard, or had issues with, in terms of her as Arbiter or as a person at all. The fact she's running unopposed means the region is happy with her as Arbiter."

"I have only spoken to Marigold once to set up an interview, which, considering my current relations is suprising, but I know I have had no issue with her. So, we're coming close to the final few questions, so I'll ask you this. Would you rather end this interview with a question applying to logic or emotion? I have two questions prepared, and I'd like to know which one you'd like to have as a closing impression: a question that will apply to the logos of a person or one to the pathos."

Netlia rubs her cheek. "I'm not sure, really. Uh... Just ask one, I suppose, either or."

"Well, I'll give you time to think on it. Before that, though, do you have any questions for future Foreign Minister Lucas Conway or Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand that you’d like me to ask on-air for a live listening audience."

"No, but I'd like to give them a message." She clears her throat a bit, and speaks happily. "To them both, I look forward to the prospects of working with you both. It may be stressful, but I'm sure the three of us can make Toro an even better region."

"Alright. I'm sure they'll hear this. Now, for my final question: Why do you believe people should vote for you instead of your opponent? This probably goes without saying, but civility is preferred. Or not. Actually, really rip it open. My listeners need to be entertained." Jan does a deep chuckle.

"I'll keep it civil, it's more who I am. And, honestly, the reason I feel like you should vote for me isn't because I'm more qualified, or anything of the sort. Ceci, my opponent, is a young girl. She's only 17 years old, not even out of High-school. By the time I was 17, my now wife was pregnant with twins, because I rushed into adulthood too quickly with her. I don't regret that choice, but I've rushed through my life, doing things on whims, and after my kids were born, that all stopped. My life became about other people, caretaking. I couldn't live for myself and drag other people along for the ride anymore. Responsibilities like this shouldn't be taken lightly, nor should they be taken on by someone so young. I've seen the Premiership destroy friends who weren't prepared for it, or drain them of energy. I'd hate to see the light of a young girl who dreams big like that be taken away from her by taking on something she wasn't ready for. I personally think Ceci is far too young to run, let alone be elected. However, the region is to make that call, not me."

"Perfect answer. Anything else you'd like to add as to why the voting audience should vote for you? Any tearful stories or dramatic tales?"

"None really. I'd rather people vote for me because they think I'm a good fit, or because I'm a better fit than my other candidate, should they not think I'm a good fit. I don't want them to vote for me because they feel sorry for me."

"Wonderful. Any other closing remarks?"

"None come to mind, January."

"Excellent, well, thank you so much for this wonderful interview! I know I really enjoyed what you had to say and I'm sure everyone at home did too. And for the listeners at home- stay tuned! All this week we're having interviews with our cantidates, so you can know what's in store for the future of our wonderful region! Goodbye, Toro."

And so your radio clicks off. The words have filled your ears and are settling in your mind. You let them rest there, or perhaps you don't. You are also reminded to vote when the time comes. And of course to tune into the other interviews.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”