General Guidelines for University RP

You can apply to Ferrite Regional University and find Student Records here.

Moderator: Vernon

Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Misc. University Things for New Students (Important)

Hi! Just a few things so I didn't have to post this in every student record:

- If your major does not match your desired major, it's only because of specificity- a Bio major, pre-med or not, is a Bio major. Such an occurrence does NOT mean your major was rejected or a problem: if it was you'd be notified of that (so far that hasn't happened for anyone). Your classes should still reflect any specialization as appropriate. Please contact me if it's anything too weird but you can generally assume even odd classes are available at FPI.

-For curricular advice, find a university website for your major or speak with myself or anyone else for help.

-For access to your dorm if you asked for one, find myself or another GM on server for your perms.

-Please be sure to read the instructions and guidelines for university rp that Queso wrote.

-Don't be shy: rp with your professors and your classmates!

Thanks for reading and following instructions, and have fun on the server!
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

General Guidelines for University RP

Hello hello!
In order to outline the basics of RP for characters in the university, students and teachers!

Basics:
1. For many reasons, we're not going to host actual RP classes on the server.
2. As such, you will just RP that there are classes. The focus will be on RPing the consequences of your character's involvement in those classes.
3. There are NPC students and teachers.
4. Feel free to organize class RP sessions if you so desire, but... That will largely be a player created RP, because there are no set classes. Discord and Forums RP are acceptable for classes as well!
5. Classes go from the 8th of Fall to the 20th of the next Spring. The semester changes on the 16th of winter. Summers are off! Use /torotime to keep up!
6. A student records will be created on this sub-sub-forum to track your student's progress! ((Located here: http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=120)) At the end of each year, we'll ask that you write a small post describing your student's progress, particularly what grades you think they earned.
7. Again, this is not highly structured and strict. The curriculum are just recommendations to base your RP throughout your character's time in the university off of.
8. If you need any help or clarification, feel free to ask OOCly in a post to this forum!

Suggested RPs
1. A class RP organized between a teacher character and student characters! If you want NPC students or teachers, ask a GM to get an actor for you!
2. If your character is studious, they can mention that they are just coming from class, or between classes. They can spend free time doing homework and studying for exams. If your character is lazy, then perhaps RP they are skipping class, that they never do homework, or are stressed about failing.
3. If you are a teacher, be open for offices hours where student characters can come by to RP
4. A party in the dorms!
5. Studying in the common area or study areas!
6. Doing an experiment in the lab or working on a project for art!

This is all very experimental, and I promise there will be a lot of figuring it out as we go along! Hopefully, we can get most of the bumps ironed out fairly soon, but we're going to be doing our best to provide quality RP while still letting people have fun! It's going to be largely player run RP, you're college is up to you!

Have fun!
Last edited by Vernon on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Skype is outdated >:C

Return to “Ferrite Regional University”