In-Character GM Request Form

Do you want something that will create or contribute to great RP, but needs approval or help from a GM? Put in an application for that here!
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

In-Character GM Request Form

Hello hello, minifigures and otherwise! I’m your friendly Lego Master/GM-C! And… Well, good news - we’re doing things!

Well…. Moreover we are going to do things as a response to your wanting to do things.

It’s a complicated relationship.

Anyways, hello! Yes, the title of this “application” is a little vague. As we all know, within Toro universe there are no such things as GMs, so what do I mean by “In-Character GM-Action”? Basically, up to this point requests to GMs and Admins mainly solve technical issues, but what if your character does something or needs something that he can’t do because you don’t have perms? Well… You could ask a GM to do it for your character. That’s what this request form is: asking a GM to take an action for your character that you normally would be unable to do because of game-mechanic limitations.

Examples: obtaining an abnormally strong Pixelmon, obtaining a special item, building on permed land, a vehicle, obtaining a rare Pixelmon, inventing some technology, giving your character a special power/unnatural trait, pretty much anything.

If this is your first time filling out this request form, I'd highly suggest you click this link and read through the examples for a clearer idea of what we are looking for:
http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 4097#p4097

One last note, we intend to reward players who show exceptional RP qualities as well as loyalty to the server, but we are mainly looking to see if you have a valid, RP reason for us to take this action. So… without further ado… Here’s the request form:

Code: Select all

MC Username:
Character Name:
How long have you been RPing with us?

What action does your character want to take?

What actions to you want the GMs to take?

How has your character (and to a lesser extent, you) prepared for this?

Why do you want your character to take these actions?

Anything else pertinent to your request?

It'd also be helpful to link to your character's Character Profile if you have one.

In-Character GM Request Form Examples (Applications > In-Character GM Application)

In this page, I am going to outline what we are looking for to accept a request, because filling out the request form does not guarantee we are going to accept it. It’s not a ticket, it is a request that we will judge based on the merits of your RP-skill, time on the server, and request quality. We’re not idiots, we can tell the difference between your character being a hermit and wanting a cabin in the woods and your wanting to build a house for yourself so you don’t have to pay rent. Also, it is very likely that we will only accept part of your request or only accept your request if certain conditions are met.

Again, I cannot stress this enough, we are really looking for a solid RP reason to take these actions. Your application should show your RP-skill and your loyalty to the server, but above it should convince us that your character deserves to have us take this action for them. And the most convincing thing is your having solid reasoning, a great RP justification, for why we should accept your request.

I’m going to use three examples of varying seriousness. Two are from my own RP, the other I made up. The first is a character that wants to plant a flower patch. The second is a character that wants to build a romantic hideaway by stealing land from HBC. The last is a character that wants to supercharge a Pixelmon without leveling it naturally. I am giving multiple examples because we will be looking for more detailed answers for some requests than others.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Example 1:
Example 2:
Example 3:
Anything else pertinent to your request?
This is a catch-all question for any other considerations. If you have screenshots justifying your character’s actions, or have contributed to RP in a helpful manner, or have a story relavant to the request, this would be the place to put it. For example, one player asked for a Shiny Pixelmon, and when we asked for an RP reason for the request, this player wrote a paragraph detailing why this Pixelmon was shiny instead of regular colored.

It'd also be helpful to link to your character's Character Profile if you have one.
This is really helpful for us to be able to verify any claims you made in your request form. If you haven’t made one, don’t fret too much, you aren’t losing any points. But, if you have made one, then it might help boost your request to our accepting it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would have accepted all of these requests, even though each one is entirely different in terms of what is being requested and what is given as a response. FlowerPower1 ‘s request is very simple, it requires limited effort on the GM’s part, and it’s unlikely to cause any trouble. As such, we weren’t looking for a long-standing player or in-depth RP reasons. A simple explanation would do. LoveDove2’s application would require some effort from the GMs and could cause some issues if he started using the land as his own house. As such, we were looking for a player who had been here a while and had fairly significant RP reason.

Pidma’s application was the most extreme. The player was essentially asking the GMs to cheat for her. This could cause players to be unhappy and feel like they were neglected by not having been given the same treatment. To accept this application, we would want a player who has been here a while and who had a solid RP reason for us to take this action. This is a roleplaying server set in the Pixelmon universe, so above everything we want to be able to justify any action we take with a valid RP reason. If a player came to us and asked why Pidma’s Alakazam got leveled to level 100, but my Charizard didn’t, we want to be able to point at Pidma’s request form and say, “She’s a loyal player who had a very good reason for our leveling her Alakazam for her. We aren’t just picking favorites.”

So anyway, good luck on your request! Here’s the link back to the request form:
http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 104&t=1163

Return to “In-Character GM Application”